Friday 22 January 2010

Street kids...



Like any other winter day in Delhi, it is foggy today too. And as I was on my way to the office, I saw some street kids. I saw one small girl. She was wearing a frilly lacy skirt and was dancing away, without a care in the world, by the roadside. I could see another girl in the bushes going about her morning rituals with a sad face(as it happens this way only in India, you can see many unwatchable things only on Indian roads). Maybe the dancing girl was trying to cheer her up. Then further on the road, a boy wrapped all over in a woollen shawl was playing with a bulldozer. He was driving it steering the wheel this way and that way. He was making engine sounds with his lips. Such is the life of street children. I guess they were having fun.


When I saw them, I thought they don’t even know what their future holds. They are living only in the moment, enjoying every moment. They are happy or looked happy whether their stomach is full or not, whether they are warm or not. Or do they? I mean enjoy their life? Are they happy? I hope so...

No comments:

Post a Comment