Thursday 29 May 2014

Birthday cake and cupcakes for Nao!


It was 23rd May 2014. The next day would be Nao's (my sister's boyfriend) birthday.
He loves cheesecake. So, I bought all the ingredients to make it except for the cream cheese. It is so difficult to get cream cheese and sour cream to get in Delhi. My sister said let's drop the cheese cake. We will buy it from a bakery and that's what we did.

No baking the cheesecake so baked cupcakes the night of the pre-birthday following a recipe that I found on Pinterest.

A sponge cake the next day. I wanted to try my hand at making cream frosting. I bought Amul cream and tried making a cream frosting out of it. I added cocoa powder to give it some colour (how stupid was that!). I added icing sugar and started whipping at high speed using a hand blender. The milk cream didn't get any creamy or frosty...it was still liquid with little bit of foam. It tasted weird...milky and the cocoa taste...but used it anyway...

Here's how the cake looks after decoration with the not-so-good cream frosting and few white and dark chocolate chips.

personal blogs blogs
personal blogs blogs
Blog Directory & Search engine

No comments:

Post a Comment